Question about layerslider dynamic content not auto-updating

• In Progress
    Posted in: Oblivion  
    Ketto
    May 23, 2016 at 5:49 am #82284

Hey all,

I’ve set up my dynamic content slider with 3 sliders that show the first, second and third post in a given category. Problem is, the slider doesn’t auto-update itself whenever someone visits the front page whenever new content is posted that falls into the category assigned to the slider.

Example is this:

Slider has 3 slides, showing the 1st, second and 3rd article in “Review” category. When I hit save on the slider settings, it successfully made the slider on the front page have review 1, 2 and 3.

From there, I post a new review, review #4. Theoretically, since the first slider is looking for the most recent post that is in the review category, slide 1 should now have review #4 on it whenever I view the front page. Problem is, the slider never updates itself. The solution is every time I post an article that falls into the assigned category, I need to go into the slider settings and hit save (I don’t even need to change any settings). Once I do that, it will update it with review 4 in slider 1, review 1 in slider 2, and review 2 in slider 3. Since review 3 is the oldest, it is bumped from the sliders entirely.

Anyone have any idea why the slider isn’t auto-updating? I asked the devs of LayerSlider and they suggested asking Skywarrior since they are in charge of keeping the plugin up to date. For what it’s worth, the slider is running on version 5.6.6 – the newest version is 5.6.8, but the Oblivion theme doesn’t have the updated version.

Hope you can help, otherwise having a slider with dynamic content on it isn’t really that useful at all. 🙁

The slider can be viewed here: http://www.brokenjoysticks.net/

Thanks!

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.