What's the latest on those with LayerSlider issues?…

• Resolved
    Posted in: Arcane  
    The_Quota
    November 15, 2016 at 5:51 pm #89472

Hey!

I’m also posting to the plugin author support but depending on which post I’ve read, it’s been suggested to ‘reach out to your theme’s support’ and so here I am. 🙂

There are known issues some people have with LayerSlider, similar to my circumstance, dating as far back as 2010. As many versions have since been made, Arcane is a relatively ‘new’ theme, and considering it being near the end of 2016, I’m trying to find out what I can do here to fix my troubles.

Goal: Similar to my old theme’s setup (which had the capability all within the theme, i.e., came with its own slider and ability to use slider specific Call to Action buttons), I am trying to use Visual Composer to create a row, add a LayerSlider Slideshow I created, and within this have a “click to begin” type CTA, which upon clicking results in a scroll down to a second row that houses 4 Icon elements.

Key problems I am having include the following:
    1) The pictures save (total 3 slides/images, each ~1080px x 600px), but nothing beyond that saves, i.e., the HTML+CSS used to create the button, the #Icon ‘goto’ link, etc., does not save;
    2) No CSS works at all in any of the slides’ CSS tabs, i.e., when I make any CSS customizations I can only see the change when it’ssirectly being added to the LayerSlider Plugin main settings (there’s a global ‘Custom CSS’ option; code I place here does save I should note though for what it’s worth);
    3) when I say ‘see’ in (2), I only mean with regard to the live preview option within a given slide’s tab… e.g., if I changed a setting and then open up a new browser window and type in the webpage to see what it looks like to the public, the 3 images are there and they transition by the default 4sec intervals, but anything else that I’ve tried to create, such as the CTA button, does not show. (Which perhaps this makes sense given the changes aren’t saving anyways, thus may be why I can only see it in the plugin’s live viewer); and
    4) None of the existing posts over the past 6 years or so seem to give insight beyond ‘increase your memory in your .htaccess file, uninstall/reinstall the plugin, disable all other plugins and see what happens, etc etc’ and I am also unable to locate a defined ‘how-to’ type of documentation that clearly delineated the cause and what to do e.g. ‘If you experience this on WP version x, Arcane version y, and/or LayerSlider v z… and so forth.

I did find one post somewhere that also suggested that buttons coded into a LS layer may not like certain things in VC, such as, there may be problems encountered when working with ‘inner containers’, although I cannot verify this as it’s beyond my skill level and also, that particular post never finished with a ‘how it was resolved’ follow-up. So… hence a big Arggh here.

I am saying this briefly and/but also very humbly and sincerely, but nonetheless I do wish to note that after being pitched as an easy peasy, non-coder friendly platform, and then choosing (I admit on my own) to purchase the slider plugin thinking it would ensure easiest of integration (I mean, your theme even includes LS shortcodes in the demos for example, so I figured ok ok I’ll just suck it up and buy the plugin lol)… I am hoping we can all put our heads together and try to put this 6-year long problem to rest forever, including a published section in the theme documentation on how to troubleshoot this should it occur…

Thank you so much for reading and please do not over analyze that last paragraph lol, I’m just stuck here on the matter :p

Best,
    -n

PS as I do not have an official license for VC since it came as part of your theme, it appears I am unable to contact VC support should I wish to reach out about above, or for any other potential VC related issue I am having… any suggestions? Thx again 🙂

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.