Demo Content Import Fails with Fresh WP Install…

• In Progress
    Posted in: Oblivion  
    viperousmango
    July 29, 2015 at 7:54 pm #64611

Hello!

I noticed you updated the theme recently! That’s great as included in your list of updates was the demo content importer. But in a default install of wordpress 4.2 through Control Panel in Godaddy Dedicated WordPress hosting Oblivion fails to import content; doing so locks me out of the website and my admin account no longer has permissions to access anything. The only recourse I have is to uninstall WordPress from the server and re-install it.

Is there a way you can attach the demo content as in import file rather than using your “one-click install” as it fails every time and I can’t wait for another update to the theme.

Your installer should not be relying on default wordpress table prefix. WordPress themselves recommend users change that for security purposes so if you’re expecting the default you need to update your code to handle non-standard wordpress DB prefixes as auto-installers also do not use the default prefix install.

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.