Big update problem…

Theme support is offered to verified customers by forum only. Support requests and solutions made by email, Skype, Envato or any other method will be redirected back to the forum.

• In Progress
    Posted in: General  
    samugold
    August 19, 2020 at 9:27 pm #126450

Sorry for writing here, but Wordfence doesn’t allow me creating new topics in the Blackfyre section :] I’m in the process of explaining this with the ISP, but at the same time I have to think about fixing the site.

So… I tried to update the theme for the first time in my life, but…

1. I get error when trying to do it via FTP.
    2. I have tried Core FTP but when I activate Blackfyre or child theme I get an error: ParseError thrown
    syntax error, unexpected ‘;’. I checked my functions.php in child theme – it looks okay. After changing the name to functions.php.bak it works, but the attempt to activate Blackfyre 2.5.5 ends in error anyway.
    3. When I try to do it via WordPress (removing blackfyre and add a new package), I get a 403 error…
    4. Now I am trying to go back to 2.5.4 and… I also get an error: ParseError thrown
    syntax error, unexpected ‘;’

I struggled with it for quite a long time, finally managed to go back to an older version.

Now, after updating WP, I have exactly the same problems as everyone else, i.e. not working menu, logging in, etc. My guess is that before the current issues can be fixed, I need to deal with this update somehow.

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.