Homepage Problem

Theme support is offered to verified customers by forum only. Support requests and solutions made by email, Skype, Envato or any other method will be redirected back to the forum.

This topic is: not resolved
  • In Progress
    Posted in: Oblivion  
    AliceKaye
    January 23, 2014 at 1:43 pm #30679

There are several issues that I’m having that I just don’t know how to fix. I’m hoping someone can help me get through this so I can get stuff working properly.

I set up the site with a static front page via Settings > Reading. I created a “Home” page and set that to Front Page, and the Posts Page is set to “Blog.”
    I went into the “Home” page and set the template “Homepage” and in the text box I added the following:
    [layerslider id=”7″]

<span style=”line-height: 1.5em;”>[template id=”2510″]</span>

However, my homepage isn’t working so well. 
    This is all that shows up on the bottom of the page. I have tons of posts, but for whatever it’s only showing two pages. When I click the next button, it’s the same posts on that page as well. There should only be 4 posts showing, but for some reason there are 10 showing.
    I’ve clearly set something up wrong, but I don’t know what I’ve done.
    So to sum this part up:
    1. Page numbers lead to nowhere. Missing tons of pages.
    2. Both pages show the same posts.
    3. Homepage showing 10 posts instead of 4.

Next issue:
    I’m running this in a child theme, so the base files are located in “oblivion” and the child theme files are located in “oblivion-child.”
    At one point, I wanted to make a change in the header.php, but for some reason, whenever I upload the header.php file (unchanged) to oblivion-child folder, it has no background anymore. I don’t know why that is.
    In general, it shows a background, however even though I have a background color set in the Oblivion settings, it’s still showing me this:

Another issue I’m having is that when I click a link to one of the other pages via my menu, the page has nothing on it at all. 

Edit: Fixed this particular issue by installing WooCommerce (the above issues still stand).
    Any help would be so appreciated. 🙂
    P.S. I have tried disabling all of my plugins, that resulted in nothing.

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.