Homepage Problem

• In Progress
    Posted in: Oblivion  
    AliceKaye
    January 23, 2014 at 1:43 pm #30679

There are several issues that I’m having that I just don’t know how to fix. I’m hoping someone can help me get through this so I can get stuff working properly.

I set up the site with a static front page via Settings > Reading. I created a “Home” page and set that to Front Page, and the Posts Page is set to “Blog.”
    I went into the “Home” page and set the template “Homepage” and in the text box I added the following:
    [layerslider id=”7″]

<span style=”line-height: 1.5em;”>[template id=”2510″]</span>

However, my homepage isn’t working so well. 
    This is all that shows up on the bottom of the page. I have tons of posts, but for whatever it’s only showing two pages. When I click the next button, it’s the same posts on that page as well. There should only be 4 posts showing, but for some reason there are 10 showing.
    I’ve clearly set something up wrong, but I don’t know what I’ve done.
    So to sum this part up:
    1. Page numbers lead to nowhere. Missing tons of pages.
    2. Both pages show the same posts.
    3. Homepage showing 10 posts instead of 4.

Next issue:
    I’m running this in a child theme, so the base files are located in “oblivion” and the child theme files are located in “oblivion-child.”
    At one point, I wanted to make a change in the header.php, but for some reason, whenever I upload the header.php file (unchanged) to oblivion-child folder, it has no background anymore. I don’t know why that is.
    In general, it shows a background, however even though I have a background color set in the Oblivion settings, it’s still showing me this:

Another issue I’m having is that when I click a link to one of the other pages via my menu, the page has nothing on it at all. 

Edit: Fixed this particular issue by installing WooCommerce (the above issues still stand).
    Any help would be so appreciated. 🙂
    P.S. I have tried disabling all of my plugins, that resulted in nothing.

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.