[HOW TO] Remove New User Activation Email

Theme support is offered to verified customers by forum only. Support requests and solutions made by email, Skype, Envato or any other method will be redirected back to the forum.

This topic is: not a support question
    Posted in: Arcane  
    ShiftedDesign
    November 5, 2020 at 8:25 pm #127264

So I did a similar thing back in BlackFyre to remove the activation email for new users to just allow them to signup and immediately start using the site.
    This will be a similar tutorial. A link to the modified file is below if you wish to just take my version else follow the below steps:

Always make a backup of any files that you modify.

We will be doing all our changes inside of page-user-registration.php
    I have provided some numbers that should indicate the line of code that needs to be modified but may vary from person to person.

@Line 132 : We need to modify the line add_user_meta( $new_user_id, 'active', 'false' ); to be : add_user_meta( $new_user_id, 'active', 'false' ); this will make the user active once they register.

@Line 133-138 : Next we need to remove the part that actually sends the email, delete the following section:
    $subject = esc_html__(‘From ‘,’arcane’).get_bloginfo();
    $message = esc_html__(“Username:”,’arcane’).” $user_id \n\n”. esc_html__(“Password: “,’arcane’). “$userpassword”;
    $message .= “\n\n”;
    $message .= esc_html__(‘Please click this link to activate your account: ‘,’arcane’);
    $message .= esc_url(get_permalink( get_page_by_path(‘user-activation’))).’?id=’.$new_user_id.’&key=’.$hash;
    $headers = ‘From: ‘.get_bloginfo().’ <‘.get_option(“admin_email”).’>’ . “\r\n” . ‘Reply-To: ‘ . $user_email;

if (class_exists( ‘Arcane_Types’ )){
    $arcane_types = new Arcane_Types();
    $arcane_types::arcane_send_email( $user_email, $subject, $message, $headers );
    }

@Line 238 : We will change the message to the user: <?php esc_html_e(" Registration successful. Activation email has been sent!", "arcane"); ?> will need to be changed to: <?php esc_html_e(" Registration successful. Please Login!", "arcane"); ?>

@239 : We will remove: <a data-email="<?php echo esc_attr($user_email); ?>" data-uid="<?php echo esc_attr($new_user_id); ?>" id="resend_activation"><i class="fas fa-retweet" aria-hidden="true"></i><?php esc_html_e(" Resend activation link!", "arcane"); ?> </a> which removes the message of “Resend activation link!”

Here is a link to a modified version with the above changes if you would rather just copy and paste: Download

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.