JavaScript issues

• In Progress
    Posted in: Orizon  
    elbowrobo
    February 27, 2013 at 3:14 am #29879

Here is my site for reference: http://eliottrobson.co.uk/tsc2/

I have customized this theme a lot to suit what I want but the main JavaScript features are yet to work properly.

I scoured the code and found 3!!! references to jQuery. WordPress had 1, there was a hardcoded version to code.jquery.com and another in the slider. I had to remove the last 2 hardcoded ones in the theme just to get plugins using javascript / jQuery working but now the theme javascript is also broken. Any ideas?

[EDIT]
    If I move the <script src=”<?php echo get_template_directory_uri() ; ?>/js/jquery-1.8.3.min.js” type=”text/javascript”></script> code out of the slider file and into the header everything seems to be working.
    [EDIT 2]
    I have put this code in the header:

<!– JQUERY 3 –>
    <script src=”<?php echo get_template_directory_uri() ; ?>/js/jquery-1.8.3.min.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    If it is directly after <title></title> the slider breaks and my plugins work. If it is at the very end of the file the slider works and my plugins half work (initial js features function but not for global ajax calls)
    [EDIT 3]
    I’ve managed to convert all your scripts in footer to wp no conflict mode and all is working. Would be nice to get an official fix though using only 1 version of jQuery to ensure sites perform as expected.

Thanks,
    Eliott

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.