New users are automatically given permission to post to the blog.

• In Progress
    Posted in: BlackFyre  
    thekerbey
    July 9, 2015 at 1:08 am #63585

seems like there is a problem with the theme regarding roles, so all new users default to contributor roles, no matter what…by definition from WordPress contributors shouldn’t be able to post, only create post draft, but the theme is changing it, so that contributors can post, i tried over riding it and seems like other people have this problem as well. i was able to change people’s roles after they register, but that’s useless if you can’t control who registers for the forum. It would take a very long time to change every new user manually when we start generating a lot of traffic, and its a nightmare waiting to happen.

How can i change it so that when new users are created they cannot create posts, but they can create post drafts (Or perhaps they are automatically given different roles). I do not want any new users who join to automatically have the permission to post to the blog (this is something the theme seems to do). I do not want any new users automatically having permission to make posts to the blog the moment they register for the site. This is a huge issue. Please help me fix this.

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.