Question to everyone about pulling Results ‘meta’

• In Progress
    Posted in: Arcane  
    The_Quota
    October 23, 2017 at 1:38 pm #105521

Where in the the theme files is the code that handles
    – user entry of match results,
    – the naming of the SQL tables and respective rows/columns/fields, etc.,
    – the range of parameters associated with this data (user ID, date of match, score, win or loss, etc.) or is this simply discernible once I locate the database table(s) housing the match data?

Why?… My goal is to ultimately be able to find a way to pull Results from matches (and tournaments), and be able to display them based on certain criteria (dates, name of event, etc etc), for example, to then display as a ‘final results’ or a ‘ranked leaderboard’ based on the dates, name of event, etc., accordingly.

It seems reasonable to do this by pulllling match data from the corresponding SQL database table(s), and display the data as needed. An example may be: Pulling timestamp data to display in rank order the number of match wins per team at the end of every week, month, “season“ or whatever.

The key factor here is that it is to be an automated process, so that whenever match results are entered, The resulting leaderboard is updated, accordingly. In the past I found a few “sports leaderboard“ type plug-ins, but these won’t really serve the purpose well because they require an extra ‘manual entry’ step, but again the idea here is to pull out the data and display in an automated fashion per se.

A friend of mine is well-experienced with pulling data from SQL tables in order to export/display as needed, and is willing to teach me how to do so, but began by asking me what specific fields I’m seeking to pull.

Thanks so much for any information you can offer.

-Q

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.