registration page shows all xprofile fields

• In Progress
    Posted in: Arcane  
    philmay
    November 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm #116410

I noticed a bit of a “bug” if you can call it that.
    When adding xprofile fields, the registration page template does not respect groups.
    ie. xfields not in “primary” group are still showing on the registration page.
    This is causing abnormally large registration pages if any plugins that add fields are installed. Unfortunaately this causes new users to not want to take the time needed to register, even if only the primary fields are required, it is a daunting form to look at.
    Ive sent the registration page template to the pros at BuddyDev to see if theres a better way to include the xprofile fields and am waiting for a response back.
    my guess it that on line 805 where you begin to hook the xprofile data yoou are not using the standard buddypress framework (see my previous post regarding buddypress compatibility).

I took a look at a registration page template from a free buddypress theme they offer and noticed they are hooking these fields with the standard framework, allowing other xprofile plugins to function and for wordpress to respect the xprofile fields as they relate to primary or sub field groups.
    here is the code they use in the registration template to hook the fields maybe its worth looking at and using as an example to update the theme reg template:
    https://pastebin.com/Myc407fJ

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.