Replacing BuddyPress with Ultimate Member

• In Progress
    Posted in: Arcane  
    Balsagna
    October 15, 2017 at 10:10 pm #105288

Hello,

I’ve been doing a lot of work to the Arcane theme and adapting it to my design and so far it’s working as inteded. You wouldn’t even believe it’s an Arcane theme that’s powering the framework.

That said, I’m not a fan of BuddyPress since it’s not very easy to extend with registration/profile fields.

Ultimate member tends to have more specific “Community” driven features and I want to replace buddypress with Ultimate Member.

My question is…. what will happen in doing so? What features will I break in the Arcane theme by doing so? What do I have to look out for in this regard, can you please give me a itemized list of what will break, so I can fix it in those files to be used with Ultimate Member instead?

It would be great if you can also let me know which files I need to edit, to help expedite things. Once this is done, I wouldn’t mind giving the credit back to you guys for other communities.

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.