Use this if search & home-logo link return 404

• Resolved
    Posted in: BlackFyre  
    Cry0nicS
    July 6, 2015 at 9:30 pm #63451

Hey there,

With Raaa;s help I manage to purchase Blackfyre and I found a few things missing so I would try to share them with you in case you have the same problem.

Most of us install wordpress in a folder, not directly in public_html, therefore WordPress Address (URL) is different from Site Address (URL)

As a result, when you click the home logo, it doesnt take you home, but on 404. The same with the search functiom.

In order to fix this, navigate in ftp to public_html/your_folder/wp-content/themes/blackfyre and edit header.php as follows:

Replace line 39 (on version 1.3.3) to:
    var homeUrl = “<?php echo esc_url( get_home_url() ); ?>”;

Replace on line 73 <a class=”brand” href=”<?php echo esc_url(site_url());
    to
    <a class=”brand” href=”<?php echo esc_url(home_url());

Replace on line 250 <form method=”get” id=”sform” action=”<?php echo esc_url( site_url( ‘/’ ) ); ?>”>
    to
    <form method=”get” id=”sform” action=”<?php echo esc_url( home_url( ‘/’ ) ); ?>”>

Long story short, in the current version the path is set to use WordPress Address (URL) (site_url variable) but it should be Site Address (URL) (home_url).

—-
    And the last modification I made, was in function.php. I added at the end the following line:
    add_filter(‘widget_text’, ‘do_shortcode’);

This enables widgets to use shortcodes inside
    I hope it helpes you. Made me look a little around so I thought I should share as we are a community.

If I find more, i will add them here.

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.