What is the function/classes/etc. for 'match reporting'?

• In Progress
    Posted in: Arcane  
    The_Quota
    January 4, 2017 at 5:05 pm #92497

If this is easy for one to find then my apologies. I was hoping to ask if you would be able to point me to the relevant files (e.g. is this code located in functions.php around lines X-Y and styled in (nameofstylesheet).css and/or on lines L-M in bootstrap.css, etc etc?

I don’t know if this better fits ‘future updates requests’ or ‘custom code’ but either way I’d like to try a DIY approach at present… I’m asking about this to learn a bit about how it’s coded, for the following key 2 purposes:

1) tweak it a bit by copy/pasting and renaming functions/classes of the scores entry… to allow for other additional meta to be stored under certain situations (e.g., in addition to the final scores, some player data like name, #kills, time holding the hardpoint, etc.). I’d prefer this way vs having players enter this data in the matches text window, as it allows more control IMO over the specific/desired values… also with the text window I think it’d be difficult to assign classes specific to a given meta if it’s all bulk typed in one text window. Anyways, and also

2) then I would/could in theory use/build a plugin suitable for calling (think as in a restful GET request etc.) for any of the desired meta captured as described above… and ‘do something meaningful’ with it, a quick example would be a table or even like a SportsPress leaderboard type of visual experience… maybe one that ranks all our members that is sortable based on these (sort for ‘who has the most kills’ or ‘who consistently places in top 3’, and stuff like that.

It’s ok I’m not asking for free custom work lol but it would be VERY helpful/appreciative if you knew and could disseminate the location in the code to see what I can do Re items 1 and 2.

Thx!

-Q

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.